Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Essential Question and Objectives

My essential question is "Could the United States have prevented the Holocaust?"
Through cursory research my answer to that is yes. From what I know now I think America could have been more accepting to Jewish families. I am starting to look into this and find reasons that support my answer.
As for objectives, I will explain why women, African Americans, Native Americans, Asian Americans, expressed a sense of nationalism even though they were discrimnated against.
I will explore the perspectives of the bystanders, victims, rescuers, and perpetrators too. My last objective is how the Holocaust led to the creation of organizations.
The source I stated in my last post will help because the first hand account of the surviving victim answers a lot of questions, like how victims and bystanders were treated and she speaks on the role of women and how families were affected. That is the only survivor story I am using in the form of a documentary but I'm also using documents online like this one.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you. I think the U.S. could have done more to prevent the Holocaust. I think Six million Jews being killed because they were Jewish is ridiculous. America knew about this months in advance, but did nothing. The people had to push the government into doing something. Crazy,right? Your on a good path Jovania.

    ReplyDelete