Friday, March 16, 2012

A Helpful Source

So far my research has been done mostly through internet sources but I've also had the oppurtunity to hear the words from a Holocaust survivor. Her name is Gerda Weismann and she lived in Poland at the time. Listening to her story really got me emotional. In the video I watched she tells that she was fifteen years old at the time. She gives a first hand account as to how difficult it was and that she was literally fighting for her life. She watched her old brother get taken away & he was only nineteen. The graphics in this film also surprised me because the beginning of it shows dead bodies laid out on the ground and being dragged to find a place to bury them. She gives a lot of details about watching her family get sent to death camps and her best friend dying in her arms. I plan on using this movie a lot during my project because a first hand story is more beneficial than any website. If anyone here is focusing their project on the treatment and conditions of victims, bystanders,and perpetrators you should look into asking Ms. Roy for this video because I think it can help.

2 comments:

  1. What is your essential question and how do you plan to address the objectives? How will this source help? Are you looking into other survivor testimony?

    (Very pretty background!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Answers to questions are up now in post 2.

    ReplyDelete